Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Scratchy Sweater



Ever since the Super and Full Moon of a few days ago, it seems that the air has been absolutely thick with aggravation, something akin to wearing a 'scratchy sweater.' This seems to be happening not only on a global scale (unrest in many countries in the Middle East/bomb in Jerusalem), but on a personal level, as well. I literally wanted to jump out of my skin, today! Realizing that, I took a detour after work and enjoyed some sunshine (with 60-degree weather that we haven't had in 139 days) by a saltwater seashore while talking to my Rock-of-Gibraltor sister on the phone. Water always calms me down (as does she) and brings balance back in to my life. What a sweet Piscean she is.







Another famous Pisces checked out today, though: actress Elizabeth Taylor. When she was younger, she was the most stunningly beautiful and iconic brunette of her generation...with unique violet eyes. Had she been paired with Tony Curtis when he was in his prime...OMG what a visually stunning couple they would have made! Not to mention the attractive beauty of Liz & Montgomery Clift...be still my heart. I guess on this 34th anniversary of my first divorce I can no longer joke that I'm competing with Liz in the marriage category...that would honestly be disrespectful, now. I'll never forget seeing the huge playbill memory book my brother got from the movie 'Cleopatra' in which she played the lead role. While filming this very EXPENSIVE film of the time, she met and had an affair with her future 2-time husband, Richard Burton, a larger-than-life Welsh Scorpio (what a volatile combination right there!)







No doubt that the recent conjunction between the Sun and Uranus, 4 planets in Aries and the intense Scorpio Moon until this afternoon (Pacific time) played a part in my 'scratchy sweater' discomfort. This early in Springtime it's too breezy and chilly to be without it, but at the same time it was a source of extreme irritation and drove me absolutely bonkers! And that is even though I wasn't actually wearing a 'scratchy sweater'...it was rather the current mood of the last several days. Thank goodness the Moon has finally moved in to a-happy-go-lucky, the-glass-is-half-full, all-things-are-possible Sagittarian attitude! Vive la difference!





If I had a glass of champagne (as my brother had waiting for me after my intimidating divorce court experience ) I'd toast Liz to a life well-lived. Having read her biography of many years ago, I remain amazed at the multitude of medical problems she personally endured . Today, I'll settle for saluting her contribution to the big screen with a cup of coffee, remembering she hated to be called 'Liz.' May you find your place in the sun.


©2011 Debbie Ballard

No comments: