Monday, June 20, 2016

Loaded: Summer Solstice Full Blue Moon


It was shy one day of 30 years ago that we last had a configuration like this...June 21, 1986 to be exact. If you are old enough, can you remember what was happening in your life back then?  If you can recall what the significance was of the precipice you were standing on at that point in time, it can serve to inform of what you can possibly expect this time. As an example from my own playbook, 30 years ago I was preparing to enter in to higher learning that would systematically channel my life in to a rich variety of medical career experiences...all uniquely different, yet nevertheless intertwined.
Again I stand on a related precipice, but with a much different focal goal in mind: retirement. I'm exploring and analyzing what it is I want to channel my energies in to at this point in time...for the next 30 years. With 16 hours of daylight today I'm taking every moment available to hone in on that which the Moon in Sagittarius gives naturally as a gift: emotional optimism, lofty thought processes that stir the soul, travel and higher learning of reality...and of the spirit...but I'm doing so at home (Sun in Cancer is responsible for that!) As I embrace this change, I look forward to the opportunities that shall be afforded, with the same anticipation that I had 30 years ago. The more things change...the more they are the same, eh?

© 2016 Debbie Ballard (text only)

No comments: