Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Wow, time flies






Here's a picture of me from 30 years ago...the wind in my hair, salt air in my nostrils, holding on for dear life to the railing during my first ferry ride across the Puget Sound...can you see the seagull gracefully floating behind and the Space Needle and Seattle skyline in the distance?


Even though 3 decades have passed, this plum has not turned in to a dried up old prune...mainly due to my odd sense of humor, I think. When you live the life that I lead it's better to laugh. I recently attended an informative 4-day astrological conference. During one of the lectures from a most beloved sage of a instructor, in order to demonstrate a point he blew bubbles...yep, the kind you were absolutely thrilled about when you were 5. These were special bubbles, though, because they refused to dissipate and lingered all around the room. Liquid plastic air sacs, anyone?



Later, while doing some research on Twitter, sheer providence brought me to a picture of those bubbles that had been taken by another attendee unbeknown to me. Included in the picture was the lower half of my body sitting attentively in a chair. I recognized myself because my feet were dangling in the sitting position because of my shorter stature. That should have been the focus, but unfortunately I was aghast that it was my bubble butt that would make me famous across all of Twitterdom and the world-wide web. Alas, I am now known for my substantial derriere throughout the entire known virtual universe. Nothing is forever? You wanna make a bet? And not even digitally enhanced! Move over Jennifer Lopez. Gives new meaning to that wonderful classical astrological book 'Born On A Rotten Day'...


©2011 Debbie Ballard

1 comment:

STACEY WILKOWSKI said...

Love the blog!!! Love the pic of you 30 years ago too!!
:-)
Stacey