Saturday, January 07, 2012

2012: Week One

Nothing like waking up from a dream on New Year's Day in which accomplished actor, Robert De Niro, calls you on the phone to exclaim, "it sucks" in true NYC Shakespearean form! I soon began to realize that he was referring to the respiratory flu I have had since around December 23rd. Now I truly understand why Hugh Hefner wears pajamas all the time...they're damned comfortable when you feel like excrement! New Year's resolution to lose weight? Heck, you don't need one when you have this virus! Nothing like celebrating the New Year by going to bed at 8:30 at night and never to hear so much as a firecracker 3 1/2 hours later. While feeling my worst before retiring I contemplated that if my demise was upon me that many of my projects would be left unfinished for my family to unravel, hence my sole 2012 resolution: GIT 'ER DONE! I've been crossing off items on my bucket list ever since, thanks to a slow-moving Saturn and Neptune trine that I am told is formed about every 11 years. Ideas and visions implemented during this time period (approximately a month) will have positive and long-lasting results. So, a good time to clean up my act. Now, if only I could breathe without the hinderance of phlegm, have my normal energy back and be able to smell fragrances again, I might be able to call life good. In the meantime I'll spike my cup of hot black tea with cumin, cinnamon, honey, lemon juice and a jigger of rum!

©2012 Debbie Ballard



No comments: