Thursday, May 23, 2013

Not all my reviews are positive ones!


The above picture is NOT EVEN THE HOTEL that was advertised as being Ocean Shores Inns & Suites by the website we purchased the room from.
This is the actual hotel:
 Looks decent and nice, right? Think again.

My review of Ocean Shores Inns & Suites in Ocean Shores, WA that I've left on various website review arenas in order to warn other would-be travelers about this, in my opinion, lousy hotel:

This is by far the worst hotel experience I've had in more than 30 years. The room had a queen-sized bed that was dirty behind and underneath it. There was no chair to sit on. The mini fridge was topped with the microwave which was topped with the Keurig coffee tray. The older TV was on top of a small chest that had a very small pull-out for writing that you couldn't even use. Next to the bed on an end table was a lamp with a ripped lampshade and a clock radio. The closet had no hangers. The bathroom had only been cleaned with bleach because you could still smell it upon arrival. The sink drained slowly so I took up the stopper which was covered with filthy gunk...it hadn't been cleaned in ages. There was no smoke alarm or ceiling sprinkler system...is that even legal? If there had been an emergency there was no phone, and we tried calling the front desk once from our cell phone because of trouble with the wi-fi in the morning and no one answered. Not to mention that the staff liked to have breaks a few doors down from our non-smoking room and THEIR smoke wafted in every time we opened our door. Oh, and an aerial picture of the hotel makes it look like it's exactly on the ocean...absolutely not, it's across the street from it with another hotel in front that actually does have beachfront and totally blocks first floor views. I was so disappointed I didn't even want to try to dip my big toe in to the indoor swimming pool for fear of what germs I might catch. This property should be bull-dozed. In my opinion, this place totally sucks! If you elect to stay here you must be desperate.
• • •

I only wish I thought to take pictures at the time. Only one night was too long! Thank goodness the beach and other establishments were there to pass the time in!

 ©2013 Debbie Ballard


No comments: